Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Taste of Adventure

Recently, I had an assignment for my French class which involved preparing a French-style dinner. So, here's some description and photos! 

Note: I did not make the meal on my own. My mom and sisters did a lot of the work. 


First, the main meat dish. As I have nine siblings, we have a wide range of likes, dislikes, and preferences concerning food. The level of difficulty was also an important factor. The perfect solution came up in the form of a recipe my mom found for Chicken a Provençal. Basically, it's chicken roasted with herbes de Provence, lemon, and shallots. We made quite a lot of this. It was really, really good! Tender chicken with a lemon-y, herb-y flavor.





And then.... side dishes! French fries may also be a popular American side, but hey, they still count as French. My sister peeled a mound of potatoes and we both sliced them. The end result? Delicious crispy fries that disappeared far too soon. 




Also, steamed green beans. They were French-cut, so of course they belonged. Perrier mineral water was allowed as well. The sample of the whole meal is below.

Yum.


And now. 

Dessert.


I spent the afternoon making cream puffs for the very first time! I made big ones, which took less time than dozens of smaller ones would. And I filled them with pâte de choux, which is a French term. Everything French. :)

The cream puffs rose light and high, but unfortunately the bottoms were very thin. So... I turned them upside down! They were more like cream bowls, but they tasted just as good that way. 


This one stayed together!

Also, there were croissants with Nutella. I didn't make the croissants, though; we bought them.


And that concluded the meal! It was a fun experience. (Especially eating it.) Regarding the preparation, I particularly enjoyed making the cream puffs. Have you ever made them? Do you have any tips?


I hope you've enjoyed this taste of my French meal! (Pun intended.)

6 comments:

  1. Yum! I love the new blog design and this looks delicious! What I really want to see, though, is a picture of your siblings gobbling them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! I've been working on the design quite a bit recently and I think I'm finally almost satisfied with it. ;)
      Actually, I didn't take any! I should have, because it was obvious they appreciated the cream puffs. :D

      Delete
  2. Boy, pealing those potatoes took a while!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! This blog is a place where I'm learning, so any encouragement/helpful feedback is much appreciated. :)