Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Continued Celebration of Fall (+ some poetry)

      More fall photos today! I had a lot of fun taking these photographs over the weekend. Fall's a good season to capture with a camera; everything's so colorful. 






Lots of lovely leaves!


Prickly seedpods! Or gumballs, as my siblings and I used to call them. ;)

This one may be more of a Christmas picture...


This one, too...




Who knew dead wood could be so interesting to photograph? So cool.


Yes, this is a fall photo. I took it last Saturday. I'm not sure what kind of flowers these are... they must be fall flowers... but this bumblebee sure seems to like them. =)



Perhaps it's something to do with not having an oak tree in our backyard, but my siblings and I always used to look on acorns as treasures.

Also, here's something I wrote last week for a school assignment. I was supposed to write a Psalm to wrap up a worldview study on biology/creation. With Psalm 19 in mind, I wrote the following poem. It seemed appropriate for it to accompany all this autumnal splendor.

A Psalm of Praise

The sun and the stars speak a glory divine,
Forever their Maker they praise.
As their dazzling lights shine out, they sing;
A tale of His glory they raise.


The leaves of the trees cry his powerful Name
And the blowing wind answers His call.
Joyfully ever they proclaim Him the King,
For He is Creator of all.



The rushing of water whispers His design,
The soft fall of rain plays a song,
Together they cry out the praise of my God,
For to Him do all things belong.


The universe speaks of His wonderful Name,
The sky shows the glory of God,
The world remains His, ever since time began,
Shall we then spread His glory abroad?


All photos by me.

8 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts! This blog is a place where I'm learning, so any encouragement/helpful feedback is much appreciated. :)